First and foremost, I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to every single person who has lent a helping hand thus far in our journey to relocate our sanctuary to a new home. Your support means the world to us, and I can’t thank you enough. And of course, a special shout-out to my incredible team who’s been working tirelessly on behalf of our animals—they’re the real superheroes here! I could not do this without their help!

Update on Situation

I have been waiting for the right time to share an update, hoping that we’d have something concrete to announce. Unfortunately, the last temporary location we had found and planned on using short term is no longer available to us. I can’t go into all the details, but what I can tell you is that we are in dire need of a new home for the sanctuary. While we are looking for a 150+ acre forever farm of our own, we are also searching to temporarily lease 30+ acres with a barn if possible, to take us to next summer so we can raise more money and continue to search for a bigger farm. Obviously, moving twice is NOT ideal and will cost more, but we may have no choice if we cannot find 150+ acres or stay where we are.

Our Continued Efforts

Rest assured, we’re not slowing down. We’re moving full speed ahead, leaving no stone unturned in our search to find a suitable temporary lease or rent situation. Simultaneously, we’re also working diligently on our capital campaign and reaching out to potential forever farm opportunities. We won’t rest until our animals have a safe and secure place to call home.

Request for Community Support

In this critical phase, we’re reaching out to our incredible community and asking for your help. We kindly request that you extend your spheres of influence, tapping into anyone within your circles who might be able to lend a hand. Whether they are real estate professionals who can assist in our search for properties not already listed, reporters who can help spread our story far and wide, or individuals with connections to potential farm opportunities—every lead counts.

Your active involvement and connections can make a significant impact on our mission. We believe in the power of collective effort, and with your support, we can find the ideal farm and secure the future of our sanctuary.

Thank you for being a vital part of our network and for considering how you can contribute. Together, we can make a lasting difference in the lives of our cherished animals.

Mission Moove Timeline

Here is a brief timeline for The Barnyard Sanctuary’s Mission Moove:

April 2018

We were in discussions with a benefactor who verbally agreed to fully finance the purchase of Forever Farm 1, a 180-acre farm property. 

September 2018

Benefactor revoked verbal commitment to finance the purchase of Forever Farm 1 due to a decline in his stock portfolio.

December 2019 - February 2022

Covid hit, donations fall by 60%.  All plans put on hold. 

July 2022

Negotiations begin for the lease of Farm 2, a 173-acre farm with housing and barns, sight unseen due to owner/tenant feud.

October 2022

Tenants evicted from Farm 2 left it trashed. Landlord refused cleanup/repairs then added unacceptable and unaffordable terms and expenses to the proposed contract, forcing us to decline. Secured Farm 3  as a temporary location and agreed on pricing and terms in advance for next July if needed.  Continued search and fundraising.

November 2022

Received notice from landlady to vacate current lease by 1/31/23, negotiated extension to 7/31/23.  Hired a professional fundraiser for help, and continued search for forever farm.  

January 2023

Back in talks to renegotiate Farm 2, fundraising efforts and search continues. 

February 2023

Continued marketing efforts to support fundraising and publicity, including launching the new website, completing the case for support document, and having our farm quest featured in a news blast on ridgeviewecho.com.

May 2023

Fundraising and marketing efforts continue.  Began fixing up and clearing out donated house in preparation for sale.

June 2023

Revisited Farm 3 to finalize as a temporary location since we had not found a forever farm, but discovered issues with the water system, zoning barriers for pigs, and existing corn crops not ready for harvest until September. At this time, we can move all animals except pigs onto one 10-acre field that has water access.

July 2023 / present

Accepted a lease deal for 30-acre Farm 4, but owners rescinded it a few days later and decided to list the property for sale instead. Revisited Farm 2 to reassess damage and attempt to renegotiate a deal, but were unsuccessful. Search and fundraising continues.